KryoLife, LLC. We’re a health and wellness company that combines whole body cryotherapy with personalized physical fitness and nutrition counseling. Our treatments promote beauty and overall physical health and performance – and help individuals address the effects of aging, stress, disease and injury.
KryoLife draws on a holistic yet modern view of health, wellness and spirit. Our aim is to enhance our clients’ quality of life, whether they’ve come to us for overall well-being, to address a medical or physical condition, perform better in sports or to look and feel younger and healthier.
Experience and outcomes
Whole body cryotherapy conquers the pain…
Clients step into a top-of-the-line, open-topped cryosauna, where they’re briefly enveloped by frosty air. Our best-in-class technology lowers the temperatures inside the cryosauna to between -184˚F and -292˚F. The treatment is painless, and refreshing to many. It activates a response in which the body.
- Reduces inflammation *
- Increases energy *
- Lessens muscle soreness and tension *
- Relieves pain from injuries or joint disorders *
- Boosts metabolism and contributes to weight loss *
- Increases collagen production, reducing cellulite and signs of aging *
- Improves mood via a rise in endorphins *
- Has an anti-oxide effect, which can slow aging and help prevent osteoporosis *
- Has also been used to help elevate testosterone levels in men *
- Supports the treatment of multiple sclerosis *
- Helps solve insomnia, migraines, gout and asthma *
* These statements have not been evaluted by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Beauty and Anti-Aging
- Cellulite reduction
- Boosted metabolism promoting weight loss
- Skin conditions ameliorated — including psoriasis, blemishes and acne
- Collagen production — skin toned evened, visible signs of aging reduced
Health and Wellness
- Pain relief from joint disorders, rheumatoid diseases and fibromyalgia
- Decreased muscle soreness, spasms and inflammation
- Improved post-surgery recovery
- Alleviation of depression, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines and the effects of stress
- Lowered incidence of colds and flu
- Prevention of conditions like osteoporosis
Sports and Fitness
- Faster recovery from stress of competitive sports or training
- Reduced inflammation, swelling and pain
- Enhanced energy and endorphin release
- Improved muscle and motor unit activation
- Greater testosterone levels in men
What to Expect
A trained KryoLife cryosauna operator assists you into one of our exclusive cryosauna chambers. During the treatment you wear hand and foot protection as well as protection for sensitive areas. Air cooled by liquid nitrogen safely and dramatically reduces the temperature of the air in the cryosauna. You stay in for between one and three minutes. Many compare the sensation to standing in front of an open freezer on a hot day – chilly but tolerable.
After the short treatment you perform moderate cardiovascular exercise, like riding a stationary bike, for 15 to 30 minutes.
As you enter the cryosauna/cryochamber, the sudden drop in heat stimulates the temperature receptors, prompting the brain to transmit messages throughout the body. When you exit the chamber blood is pumped vigorously around the body, which in turn enhances the oxygen supply and removal of toxins. The cold also triggers the nervous system to release feel- good endorphins plus the body natural anti-inflammatory reaction to extreme cold results in a pain reduction
No, KryoLife offers world’s most advanced cryosaunas and cryochambers. The liquid nitrogen that is used as a chilling agent does not come into contact with your skin, and it is the same nitrogen that makes up the air we breathe (actually 78% of it). In either type of chamber, a person breathes room-air. For added safety, chambers are equipped with an oxygen monitor. A trained operator is always present during the treatment so to control the temperature levels and monitor your comfort.
Anyone who is pregnant, has severe, unmanaged hypertension (BP> 180/100), has a cardiac pacemaker, is being treated for cancer, has deep vein thrombosis, acute or recent myocardial infarction, uncontrolled seizures, fever, unstable angina pectoris, Raynaud’s syndrome, cold allergy, acute kidney and urinary tract diseases, open wounds or ulcers, and is under influence of drugs or alcohol.
The treatment is of short duration (1.5 to 3 minutes), and the cold air does not contain any moisture, nor there is any air current, so it is very tolerable. Towards the end of the treatment, you may get pins and needles sensation which disappears immediately after the treatment.
Treatments usually take between 1.5 and 3 minutes. After exiting the cryosauna / cryochamber, you warm up by doing short, light cardiovascular exercise, like riding a bike.
Yes. Because the cryosauna is open at the top and adjusted to fit the height of the client, your head and neck are always above the opening so you are not totally enveloped. Also, the cryosauna has a door that is closed but not locked so you always have control over being in the chamber.
Because of the very low temperatures, all jewelry need to be removed before entering the cryosauna/cryochamber. Clients are required to wear cotton or wool foot and hand protection plus either cotton underwear (for men) or a bathing suit to protect intimate body parts. All other clothing is removed.
No. The treatment is completely dry.
You’ll feel great right away because after completing your first treatment you will experience the release of endorphins, the body’s natural mood elevator, a lift that will last for several hours. Depending on your physical condition, you may feel immediate relief from joint and muscle pain, improved energy, and increased flexibility that will last for several hours or even days. Changes in skin texture and reduction in cellulite and weight loss will take longer to see results and may require a series of treatments for maximum results.
While every KryoLife session is beneficial and you’ll feel immediate results, research has shown that you will experience improved and cumulative benefits with a minimum of 10 sessions, within a two or three week period. (Professional athletes will often have up to two sessions a day to help achieve peak performance). After that you can take fewer treatments spaced further apart to maintain and improve on your results (e.g. once or twice a week)
No, you can’t. Quite opposite, the stimulation of the immune system can help decrease the severity and frequency of future colds.