Covid-19 it taking its time to slow down, but let us not wait for the moment. Rather, prepare yourself for tomorrow with these Covid-19 special home workout program. So you can build muscle at home during the lockdown.
The future is always an obscure possibility, but today is what you have. Your body is your greatest gift, and sitting home fearing a virus doesn’t need to be a bad memory at all.
There are hundreds of home workouts that can be done at your convenience, and all you need is to break the chain of laziness.
In this article, we are presenting some of the exercises that will help you gain a shape or stay in shape.
So, without pouring more words, here is the Covid-19 special home workout program for you.
Best home workout programs during Covid-19 lockdown
Before we introduce you to some of the workout programs, here is a quick word about warming-up1.
It is essential to do a warm-up session for the entire body before any strenuous physical activity in order to reduce the chances of muscle injuries.
These are a set of mild exercises that will increase your cardiovascular activity and increases your body temperature.
Here is a list of warm-up exercises you can do at home.
- Jump rope – 30 sec -1 minutes
- Hamstring stretches – 30 sec
- Inner thigh stretches – 30 sec
- High knees – 30 sec
- Butt kicks – 30 sec
- Walk-out planks – 1 minute
- Knee hugs- 30 secs
You can also try this one:
Check out our PEScience Protein Review, a great supplement to help build muscle!
Workout plan: #1
This workout plan would be more suitable for beginners, especially if you are going to start exercising for the first time. And, great for burning belly fat.
You need to take it slow and gradually pick the pace. It is okay to do less than we have recommended, but try reaching the goal.
And all these exercises have to be done in a single stretch (if possible), and if you are really good at it, try repeating the entire set one more time.
The workout plan consists of the following exercises:
- Bodyweight squat– This workout is fairly easy to do, and a beginner must try at least 15-20 Bodyweight squat reps.
- Push-ups– It can be done either on tows or knees, depending on your capability. A minimum of 10 reps is needed.
- Walking lunges – Try to give maximum stretch to your quadriceps, do 10 reps per leg, that make 20 reps in total.
- Dumbbell rows– Yeah, dumbbells might not be lying around. Use two 1-liter water bottles as makeshift dumbbells and do 10 reps per arm.
- Plank- It might be a difficult one when you start but try holding the position for at least 20 – 30 sec.
- Jumping Jacks – This one is fairly easy. Try to reach your maximum stretch your limbs could go and do 30 reps.
Workout Plan: #2
You need to make sure that protein intake is maintained steadily throughout the workout phase to help with muscle anabolism and strength building.
This workout plan consists of:
- One-legged squat- This workout requires extra balancing and is difficult. You may take the aid of hands to find proper balancing. Do 10 reps/leg.
- Bodyweight squat: An easy to do workout. Give enough stretch to your hamstrings and quadriceps muscles. Try doing 20 – 25 reps.
- Walking lunges: This workout is good for glute muscles and to improve core stability. Minimum 10 reps/leg.
- Jump step-ups: Improves your balance and stability alongside strengthening the lower body muscles. Need 20-25 reps.
- Pull-ups: The entire upper torso is covered in this workout. Chest, arms, shoulder, and wing muscles are engaged here. Try 10 reps for starters.
- Chair dips: Arm muscles and shoulder muscles are benefitted here. You can also do this on the stair steps as well. Do 10 reps.
- Chin-ups: Fairly easy to do because of biceps activation and gives better lat muscle engagement. Do 10 reps.
- Push-ups: This is one of the easiest and most popular workouts for arm muscles, core muscles, and chest muscles. Try doing 10-15 reps.
- Plank: Improves your core strength, and body balance. Try maintaining a plank for 30 – 45 secs.
Workout Plan: #3
Okay, you may not be home now. Covid-19 might have got you stuck in a different city or a hotel room.
It would be terrible to stay away from your family during this terrible time. But here is a quick workout plan that will make you forget that misery.
It just takes 20 minutes for one session, and you will gain a lot from this short period.
Do set 1 and take a 1-2 minute rest before moving on to set 2.
- Bodyweight squat: This freeform exercise gets lower body muscles engaged and try giving 20 reps at a stretch.
- Incline push-ups: When you do an inclined push-up, the focus is tilted to the lower chest and back. Try doing 15 reps.
- One-arm luggage rows: This workout might be little like yoga, but very effective for core strength. Try using a small suitcase and do 15 reps.
- Reverse crunches: Your abdomen muscles are well utilized in this workout and help you get a pack. Do 10 -15 reps.
- Overhead squats: You can use your large suitcase as weight and try engaging the leg muscles well. You need to do 25 reps.
- Push-ups: Normal push-ups, slowly and at a steady pace. Do 20 reps without fail.
- Inverted rows: This exercise improves your grip, alongside engaging back and arm muscles. Try doing 10 -15 reps.
- Reverse crunches: Same as what you have done in set 1. This time also, try doing 10-15 reps.
Workout plan: #4
This one is a fairly intense training session, even if you do at the gym or home. Called as High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), you need a good degree of endurance.
The gym version is usually done in a cycle, running, swimming, etc., unless you don’t have a giant backyard, it is impossible.
But don’t worry. You can get enough benefits of a HIIT with just burpees.
Yes, you heard, right. Doing just burpees can achieve almost the same results as the other forms.
To do burpees:
- Stand at shoulder distance width apart and squat down.
- Before finishing the squat, kick your legs out and do a push-up.
- From Push-up, bring your legs back and leap into the air as much high you can go and back to the original standing position.
- Do this set of exercises for 20 times and take a rest for 1.5 – 2 minutes.
- Repeat until you fail.
Workout Plan: #5
This one is a special workout plan for advanced fitness lovers. The workouts are split into 2 days. You can do it 2 times a week with 2 days rest for a good recovery.
Plus, some of the workouts need prior experience and but with sheer practice, you can do it.
- Rolling squat tuck-up jumps: An excellent workout to engage all lower-body muscles, and core muscles. Do 5 reps.
- Side to side push-ups: Triceps is the major focus here, but other arms muscles and chest are also involved. Try doing 5 reps without stopping.
- Headstand push-ups: Shoulder and chest muscles are engaged here, and helps you build stability. Again, do 5 reps.
- Pull-up with tuck-up: This exercise helps you strengthen the core muscles and some of the back muscles & arm muscles. Do 5 reps.
- Handstand: Might need little practice, but to make it easier try leaning against a wall. This workout is good for stability, and you need to do it for 10 sec.
- 180-degree jump turns: Helps you focus on calves, hamstrings, and quad muscles while engaging ab muscle. You need 5 reps of this exercise.
- Tuck front lever hold: This workout helps you strengthen the back muscles and lat muscles. Maintain the posture for 10 secs.
- Tuck back lever hold: This might be a little tricky, but pectorals, biceps, and triceps are greatly used in this workout. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Low frog hold: If you’re doing it for the first time, then it might not be successful. This workout helps you develop balance. Hold the position for 10 seconds.
So, there you go. Five best Covid-19 special home workout programs that you can do anywhere without any gym props.
But make sure that you do them consistently as recommended, or else it more like painting on water.
Skipping a day or two is fine, but doing it a week and skipping it for another week or two is not.
Diet is the next thing you need to keep in mind. A healthy diet is very much important for your immunity and to build muscles.
But in this time of despair, going for a grand shopping may not be possible. Moreover, it is not a wise idea, as well.
So, you might need to think about supplements to aid workout. Here are three suggestions from us:
- A safe and side-effects-free herbal formulation that you can buy without the need for a prescription.
- Make safe online purchase without visiting a pharmacy or a shopping mall.
- This product boosts your testosterone hormone and contributes to necessary growth factors.
- It helps in boosting HGH (human growth hormone)3 and thus favor muscle anabolism.
- Arrived recently, but this brand has gained popularity among sports personnel and bodybuilders.
- Probolan-50 works with the help of an active ingredient called Epihydroxetioallocholan-17-one, which boosts the androgens.
- The nootropic activity of this supplement helps to regulate GABA and thereby gives you good concentration.
- Not just muscle anabolism, but your strength and stamina are also increased.
- This is an engineered herbal formulation that works like a steroid but doesn’t have the side effects of steroids.
- You get maximum ripped muscles with this product, and it can help you tone the muscles.
- Basically, Metadrol promotes faster healing of microtears and promotes fat burning.
- This supplement has a huge customer base and endorsed by many professionals as well.
A supplement can make things easier for you when combined with the workouts we have suggested. Now, all that left is to start acting.
- Bishop, David. “Warm up I.” Sports medicine 33.6 (2003): 439-454. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333060-00005
- Boutcher, Stephen H. “High-intensity intermittent exercise and fat loss.” Journal of obesity 2011 (2010). http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/jobes/2011/868305.pdf
- Taaffe, Dennis R., et al. “Effect of recombinant human growth hormone on the muscle strength response to resistance exercise in elderly men.” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 79.5 (1994): 1361-1366. https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-abstract/79/5/1361/2649268