Due to the Corona Virus pandemic, we find ourselves confined at home with plenty of time in our hands.
All across the world, people are taking advantage of this time to do something they always wanted to do.
I have seen videos of people knitting, taking an online course, learning how to cook or bake, and even completing overdue home projects.
If you have always wanted to work out but was short of time, this is a great time to start.
Or perhaps you are one of those people who find the gym too intimidating.
The beauty of beginner workouts is that you don’t have to kill yourself with weights or work out for hours.
Exercising for half an hour every day for a start is sufficient.
The most important thing is to get moving and be consistent.
There are also numerous types of exercises that you can try, and most don’t require any equipment.
Other than the health benefits, you will lose weight, boost your energy levels, and build newfound confidence.
Exercise will also help you reduce stress and sleep better.
What to keep in mind when starting a home workout
- Before starting on your Corona Virus home workout, have a goal in mind. For instance, you may be looking to lose weight, gain strength, lose belly, fat, etc.
- Do not overexert yourself even if the exercises seem easy, as this can lead to injuries. Go easy and add repetitions and harder variations as you get used to working out.
- Having an accountability partner, such as a friend or family member, can help to keep you going.
Easy warm-up exercises – total 10 minutes
Because this is your first time exercising, it is essential to start with a warm-up1.
This will help to loosen your muscles, get your blood flowing, and elevate your heart rate.
After the warm-up, ensure that you do simple stretching exercises before starting the main workout.
Do each of the following exercises for one minute each, then repeat one more time to make a total of 10 minutes.
- March in place.
- Jog in place.
- Walking jacks.
- Opposite hand toe touches.
- Jumping jacks.
1. Reverse lunge – do 12 repetitions on each leg
The lunge is a compound exercise that will work on your core, glutes, and hamstrings.
A reverse lunge is recommended for beginners as it is less stressful on the joints and knees and gives more stability.
All you need is your bodyweight for this exercise.
To do a reverse lunge:
- Start by standing straight with your feet apart, about shoulder width.
- Place your hands on your hips or your waist for more balance.
- Now lift your right leg and step back, about one stride, landing with the ball of your foot with the heel up.
- Lower it close to the ground as you make a 90-degree angle with your left leg.
- Now lift your right leg to come back to a standing position, in line with your left leg.
- Repeat the same starting with your left leg to make one repetition.
2. Squat – do 12 repetitions
The squat2 is another compound movement that will help you gain lower body strength in no time.
When you do the reps non-stop, you will feel the struggle, which is excellent for torching body fat. Top tip, check out our yoga for beginners to help with fat burning,
To do a squat:
To get started with squats, feel free to use a firm chair or a bench to assist you.
- Start with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Take your arms straight forward, push your hips back, and sit on the chair.
- Press your feet firmly on the ground and stand up to make one repetition.
3. Cardio mix up
Cardiovascular exercises play a significant role in burning fat3.
When you keep your heart rate elevated during your training, you will burn more calories.
This is why we have added a cardio workout in the middle of your workout.
Skip rope for 3 minutes or repeat the warm-up exercise as below:
- Jog in place for one minute.
- Walking jacks one minutes.
- Jumping jacks one minute.
4. Mountain climbers – do 12 repetitions
Mountain climbers are great for strengthening your quads, core, arms, and legs.
This exercise works on your whole body, and it will get your heart rate up nicely to burn some fat.
To do mountain climbers:
Since you are a beginner, start with low impact mountain climbers.
- From a standing position, place your hands straight on the floor in front of you and take your feet straight back, as in a plank position.
- Now slowly bring your right knee to your chest, as far as it can go, and take it back slowly to touch the floor with your toes.
- Do the same for your left knee to make one repetition.
- When you get better at this, try to do the movements faster, as if you were jogging.
5. Glute bridge – do 12 repetitions
This exercise will do wonders for your core, hips, and butt.
It is a great strength workout that will give you a foundation for more complicated moves.
To do a glute bridge:
- Start by lying down on a flat surface, face up with your arms straight on your sides.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Now lift your hips off the floor, going as high as you can without arching your back.
- As you go up, keep your core and glutes engaged.
- Hold this position for a couple of seconds and go back down to make one repetition.
If you are new to exercise, you may find it intimidating at first.
This should not worry you as you will soon get used to it, and the changes in your body will give you great motivation.
If you would like to see results faster, we recommend that you incorporate dietary supplements into your routine.
Dietary supplements are natural pills designed to help you lose fat, build muscle or gain strength, depending on your goal.
Here are our top three recommendations for beginners:
This is a pre-workout supplement that you should take about 20 minutes before your workout.
NO2 Max works by increasing the levels of nitric oxide in the body, which in turn widens your veins allowing for more oxygen and nutrients to pass.
This oxygen goes to your muscles, giving you energy and endurance to aid you in working out harder and longer.
It also helps you to recover from the workout faster.
NO2 Max will undoubtedly keep you looking forward to your next work out.
If our goal is to build muscle4, then you should go for Probolan 50.
This supplement will accelerate your conversion of fat into muscle, giving you the chance to look like a bodybuilder.
Probolan 50 does this by relying on natural ingredients such as Epihydroxetioallocholan-17, one of the most potent muscle builders.
Other than building muscle, it increases your energy, endurance, and gives you more strength.
Within no time, you will lose excess fat and gain enviable muscles.
Perhaps your motivation for working out at home during Corona Virus is to lose weight5.
In this case, we recommend that you try PhenQ, which is a powerful weight loss supplement.
It works by burning stored fat, suppressing appetite, and blocking the production of more fat.
Other than this, it will increase your energy levels and improve your moods.
This is just the slimming formula that you need to achieve a brand new body during the lockdown.
You May Like;
- Bishop, David. “Warm up I.” Sports medicine 33.6 (2003): 439-454. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333060-00005
- Willson, John D., Mary Lloyd Ireland, and Irene Davis. “Core strength and lower extremity alignment during single leg squats.” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 38.5 (2006): 945-952. https://journals.lww.com/biomedicalsafetystandards/00005768-200605000-00020.fulltext
- Zemel, M. B., et al. “Dairy augmentation of total and central fat loss in obese subjects.” International journal of obesity 29.4 (2005): 391-397. https://www.nature.com/articles/0802880
- Clarkson, Priscilla M., and Eric S. Rawson. “Nutritional supplements to increase muscle mass.” Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 39.4 (1999): 317-328. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10408699991279196
- Goldstein, David J. “Beneficial health effects of modest weight loss.” International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 16.6 (1992): 397-415. https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1322866