The coronavirus pandemic has forced us to be confined to our homes.
This means that going out in public places such as gyms is out of the question.
Yet, one of the ways to beat this virus is to stay healthy and maintain a robust immune system.
We can do this by eating healthy food such as fruits as well as exercising.
If you are used to going to the gym, running in the park, or attending a yoga class, you might find it hard to adjust to home workouts.
But, this is the new normal we are now living with.
Keeping fit is also crucial in keeping our motivation up and reducing the stress and anxiety that we feel from this confinement.
Belly fat is one of the areas that most people struggle with.
Being confined in the house doesn’t help as you might be tempted to reach for a snack now and then.
Or you might want to take solace in calorie-dense comfort food such as pastas and pastries.
We are living in unprecedented times, and all rules are out of the window.
It is, therefore, essential to have a great home workout plan to keep belly fat in check.
You must start with a warm-up1 to prepare your body for intense exercise.
Warming up loosens muscles and increases blood flow.
It also raises your body temperature, reducing instances of soreness and injury.
- 30 seconds jogging on the spot
- 30 seconds jumping jacks
- 30 seconds high knees
Repeat three times; alternatively, you can skip rope for 10 minutes.
1. Bicycle crunches – 3 sets of 20 reps
The bicycle crunch is an exercise that works both your upper and lower abs.
If you are aiming for a six-pack, this is a great go-to exercise.
How to do bicycle crunches?
- Lie down on a flat surface, face up.
- Place your hands to the back of your head, supporting your neck.
- Lift your legs off the ground as you get your shoulders off the floor.
- Now, bring your left elbow towards your right knee while you straighten your left leg and hold for two to three seconds.
- Now switch by bringing your right elbow towards your left knee while straightening your right leg.
- Alternate without stopping in between the reps
2. Abdominal plank – 3 sets of 1 minute
The abdominal plank works multiple muscles at once, which makes it essential for building core strength.
It also improves your posture and tightens your belly area.
If you find that you cannot hold a plank for the full one minute, start with 30 seconds and try to build it up.
How to hold an abdominal plank?
One of the most important things to remember when conducting a plank is your posture- your body should be in a straight line.
- Place your elbows on the floor beneath your shoulders and parallel to your body.
- Lift your body off the floor and flex your feet so that only your toes are on the ground.
- Your body should be in a straight line and remember to tighten your abs.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds, depending on your fitness level.
3. Burpees – 3 sets of 15 reps
You might be wondering why the burpee is included in a belly workout.
A burpee utilizes nearly every muscle in the body, from arms to legs, core and back.
This makes it one of the most effective exercises to burn fat.
Before you can show off that sexy set of abs, you must burn the fat covering it. Check out our Covid 19 abs workout at home programme.
How to do a burpee?
- Begin by standing with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Slightly bend into a squat as you place your hands on the floor.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position.
- Jump your feet towards your hands, and then jump up with your arms raised to complete one rep.
4. Leg lifts – 3 sets of 20 reps
The leg lift is an effective exercise to tone your ab muscles.
It is also useful in building muscle.
If you are looking for a nice, toned tummy, this is one way of getting there.
How to do leg lifts?
- Lie down on a flat surface with your arms stretched on your sides, slightly tucked underneath your hips.
- Keeping your abs tight, lift your legs straight up, then slowly lower them down and repeat.
5. Mountain climbers – 3 sets of 20 reps
This is another versatile exercise that doubles as a cardio exercise and also works on your core.
Remember, to have washboard abs you need to get rid of excess fat.
Mountain climbers will do this while also toning your abs.
They also help you to improve your agility and movement.
How to do mountain climbers?
- Start in a push-up position keeping your back aligned from head to heel.
- Bring in your right knee to your chest (or as far as it can go) and then immediately the left.
- Alternate and make the movements as fast as you can.
- Keep your ab muscles tight the entire duration.
Both men and women struggle with belly fat.
Here are some extra tips on how to fight belly fat during this Corona Virus lockdown:
- Aim to burn more calories than you consume- you can achieve this by reducing your portions and doing cardio exercises
- Get enough quality sleep
- Avoid stress
- Eat proteins and healthy fats
- Avoid sugary and processed foods
- Reduce or avoid alcohol consumption
Another quick method that you can use to get rid of belly fat during this lockdown is to try fat burning supplements 2.
A fat-burning supplement is a safe, natural way to support your weight loss efforts3 and to have you looking fab in no time.
Even with this lockdown, you can order them online, and they will be delivered to you in the comfort of your home.
When you combine these supplements with exercise and a healthy diet, even your friends will not believe their eyes after the lockdown.
To lose belly fat faster, we recommend the following three supplements:
This is a fat-burning supplement that was initially designed for professional boxers and MMA fighters.
It is made from a combination of herbs, vitamins, and minerals that have been scientifically proven to aid in fat loss.
Among these ingredients is Glucomannan, a fiber that reduces appetite and cravings.
It works by keeping you full for longer, ensuring that you don’t snack needlessly.
Instant Knockout will give you loads of energy and jump-start your metabolism, turning your body into a fat-burning machine.
By taking only four capsules per day, you will soon be on your way to a flat, toned belly.
PhenQ is a potent fat burner that combines the power of five pills into one.
The fat-burning ability of PhenQ comes from a secret ingredient, α-Lacys Reset®.
This ingredient is scientifically proven to boost metabolism, which makes the body burn more calories faster.
This supplement will also suppress your appetite, block fat production, and boost your energy levels.
When you combine PhenQ with the exercises above, nothing will stop you from attaining your dream body.
This is another supplement that will incinerate fat deposits in the body mercilessly.
It is a powerful thermogenic – meaning that it raises your body temperature, therefore increasing your metabolic rate.
Once the metabolism is increased, your body will keep burning fat, including all the fat deposits such as those in your belly.
You don’t have to worry about side effects as Clenbutrol is made from natural ingredients.
Other than burning fat, it will give you energy and endurance, helping you to get through each workout effectively.
You May Like;
- Bishop, David. “Warm up I.” Sports medicine 33.6 (2003): 439-454. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333060-00005
- Jeukendrup, A. E., and R. Randell. “Fat burners: nutrition supplements that increase fat metabolism.” Obesity reviews 12.10 (2011): 841-851. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00908.x
- Goldstein, David J. “Beneficial health effects of modest weight loss.” International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 16.6 (1992): 397-415. https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1322866