The Corona lockdown has forced us to stay at home, away from our jobs, extended families, and even friends.
This is not something most of us are used to, and as such, the lockdown is already causing stress and anxiety.
The internet is full of Corona stories, some helpful, some not, some just adding to the anxiety.
Too much stress overloads our nervous system, which can make it difficult to relax or sleep well.
During this time, we must take care of ourselves mentally, spiritually, and physically so that we can be able to get through this pandemic.
One of the ways we can do this is by taking up yoga1.
Yoga is a wonderful form of exercise that you can do in the comfort of your home.
If you have always felt intimidated by the jargon, poses, and details of yoga, don’t worry, we have a beginner’s guide for you.
Benefits of doing yoga at home during corona lockdown
One of the consequences of the Corona lockdown is that we are spending too much time on the couch, watching TV, or staring at our phones.
This can lead to back pain and headaches. Yoga movements can counteract these pains.
Other physical and mental benefits that you can expect from yoga include:
- Improved flexibility and mobility.
- Better balance.
- Increase in muscle strength and tone.
- Improved cardiovascular and circulatory systems.
- Weight loss.
- Boosted energy and motivation.
- Improved metabolism.
- Better stress management.
- Mental clarity and calmness.
- Better concentration.
- Enhanced self-awareness.
Now that you know the kind of benefits that await you when you practice yoga let’s get started.
There are many types of yoga, and all aim to build strength, awareness, and harmony in the body and mind.
As a beginner, you might be worried that you don’t know various forms of yoga or the seemingly intimidating poses.
The truth is anyone can do yoga; all you need to know to get started are the basics.
From here, you can pick any form that you like and get advanced lessons.
For this beginner’s guide, we will show you how to do five yoga poses that will be the building blocks of your practice.
All you need is a mat and well-fitting but comfortable clothing.
The trick to attaining effective yoga movements is to move slowly through each, breathing as you move.
Try to hold each pose for several seconds before moving to the next one.
If you find a move a bit challenging, don’t worry, stop, take several seconds to breathe, and try again.
5 amazing yoga poses to practice at home during Corona lockdown
1. The child’s pose
This is the primary yoga pose.
It is essential to master it as it stretches your lower back and relaxes the spine as well as the shoulders and neck.
This pose also relieves back pain.
It is a useful pose that you can use even after other forms of physical exercise.
To do the child’s pose?
- Kneel on your mat; knees spread wide with your big toes touching.
- Bring your upper body to lie on your thighs and place your forehead on the floor.
- Now stretch your arms forward, palms downward, and relax your shoulders.
- Focus on your breathing, relax your lower back muscles, and hold this position for several moments.
Expert tip: If your head cannot reach the floor, you can rest it on a surface such as a pillow. Ensure that you keep your neck in a neutral position.
2. The downward facing dog
This pose will strengthen your core, arms, shoulders, and back.
It will also stretch your hamstrings, calves, and spine, releasing any back pain you might have.
The downward-facing dog is an inversion pose that will also relieve your headaches, fatigue, and calm your nervous system.
To do the downward-facing dog?
- On your mat, go down on your knees and place your hands beneath your shoulders, about shoulder-width apart.
- Spread your fingertips wide apart and press forward without folding your knuckles or falling back to your wrists.
- Now lift yourself off the floor, stepping with your toes, knees bent, and point your hips towards the ceiling.
- Elongate your spine, letting your chest fall through your arms so that your face is pointing at the floor.
- When you achieve the right balance, try bringing your heels down slowly, keeping your spine straight.
- Remember to keep your fingers pressed down on the mat.
- To come to a rest, lower your knees down slowly until they touch the mat.
Expert tip: keep your focus on distributing weight on your palms, lifting your hips high towards the ceiling and away from the shoulders.
3. The plank pose
The plank pose has numerous benefits to your body.
It will strengthen your core, improve your balance, and deal with any back pains.
It will also improve your muscle building, boost your mood, and relieve stress.
To do the plank pose?
- On your mat, go down on your hands and knees, placing your wrists under your shoulders.
- Spread your fingers and press down without collapsing your chest.
- Now lift your knees off the mat and step straight back, keeping your body aligned into a push-up position.
- Maintain a straight line and do not drop your hips or stick your butt to the air.
- Hold this pose for several breaths and lower your knees on the mat to come down.
- If you find this hard to do, you can keep your knees on the mat for a modified pose.
Expert tip: To do a good plank pose, envision your spine and neck lengthening.
4. The cobra pose
The cobra pose will do wonders for your stiff lower back.
It will also stretch the muscles in your shoulders, abdominals and arms.
This pose is useful in toning and firming the buttocks.
Finally, it will elevate your moods and make you more flexible.
To do the cobra pose?
- Start by lying on your mat, face down.
- Stretch your feet back with the top of the feet on the floor.
- Place your hands under your shoulders, elbows aligned with the body.
- At this point, press the tops of your feet, thighs, and hips on the floor.
- Inhale and straighten your arms to take your chest off the mat, ensuring that your hips do not leave the floor surface.
- Hold for a few breaths, feeling your back stretch, shoulders straight.
- To come down, release your body back to the floor slowly.
Expert tip: If you find it difficult, only lift your chest a few feet off the floor without straightening your arms.
5. The corpse pose
This pose may look as easy as lying down on a mat, but it is a deliberate move that is designed to relax your whole body.
It is often done last in a yoga class, so it is appropriate to end our beginner’s guide with it.
If done with the correct frame of mind, this pose will get rid of any tension, fatigue, and stress that you might be having.
It also improves blood circulation and calms the mind.
You might find this pose harder than you think because, well, it is difficult just to lie there doing nothing!
To do the corpse pose?
- Start by lying on your back, with your legs stretched toes pointing upwards.
- Let your feet relax and drop to the sides.
- Place your arms on your side, a small distance from the body, palms up.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly, feeling your body weight on the ground.
- Now start from your feet, consciously relaxing every part of your body, all the way to your head.
- Invite peace and silence to fill your mind, body, and soul.
- Stay in this pose for at least five minutes.
- To exit, take a deep breath, roll to your side, and pose for a few seconds, then get yourself to a sitting position.
Expert tip: If your lower back is stiff, you may place a pillow underneath. Do not skip this pose!
Yoga has countless benefits, both mental and physical.
As we have seen, it strengthens and tones muscles while improving cardio and metabolism.
Yoga is also a powerful weight-loss tool2.
If you are looking to reap all these powerful benefits from yoga, you can expedite your performance by incorporating fat burning supplements3.
These are dietary supplements that are entirely safe, designed to turn your body into a fat-burning machine.
Here are our top three recommendations for fat burners:
This is a fat burner that is made from quality ingredients that are scientifically proven to burn body fat.
It works by boosting your body’s natural metabolism, aiding you to burn fat at all times of the day, even while watching TV!
Instant Knockout will also rid you of sugary cravings, which means that your body will have less fat to store.
Other than that, you will have constant energy to do your yoga workouts and other chores around the home.
By taking four capsules spread throughout the day, you will have your body looking like that of a professional athlete within no time.
PhenQ is a powerful pill that will attack body fat from five different angles.
It is designed to burn stored fat, suppress appetite, and block the production of more fat in the body.
This supplement relies on a secret formula called α-Lacys Reset® to jumpstart your metabolism and keep your body burning fat.
You don’t have to worry about side effects as it is made from natural ingredients.
When you combine yoga with PhenQ, you will see the fat falling off at an incredible speed.
Clenbutrol is a powerful thermogenic- meaning that it will raise your body temperature, which increases your metabolism.
This will, in turn, increase the demand for energy, causing your body to burn any stored fat.
This supplement mimics the properties of a steroid loved by athletes, but in a safe, natural way.
When you take it about 45 minutes before your yoga practice, you will experience a power and energy surge.
This will help you work harder for longer, and in 30 days you will see a brand new body.
You May Like;