When crude oil fueled the growth of the industrial revolution, steroids1 fueled the bodybuilding world to rise as one of the most popular sport.
The word ‘steroid’ perplexes everyone due to their notorious history in the bodybuilding market.
The wrong usage will lead to adverse health conditions; that’s why controlled steroid usage for therapeutic application is less harmful compared to sports use.
The unmatched potential of steroids made them an inevitable sports drug to illegally boost performance and stamina.
In the past decades, many sports organizations had banned steroids, and stringent screening for steroid was implemented to eliminate illegal use.
Deca Durabolin is one such steroid with unmatched potential, but their application in performance enhancement has been long banned.
But the good news is that many nutraceutical companies made a fortune using this ban and Crazy Bulk is one such successful company.
They manufacture legal steroid alternatives from plant-based products that could compete for shoulder to shoulder with synthetic steroids to deliver astonishing performance boost and muscle growth.
In this review, we are learning more about the steroid ‘Deca Durabolin’ and its best legal alternative ‘DecaDuro.’
Let’s dive deep into the subject.
What is Deca Durabolin?
Deca Durabolin is the brand name for Nandrolone2, which belongs to the class ‘androgen and anabolic steroid’ (AAS).
This drug was initially developed to treat conditions like anemia, cachexia, osteoporosis-related pain, and breast cancer.
This steroid is administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously instead of traditional tablet forms.
Deca Durabolin is one of the forefathers in the steroid market, making an entry in the 1950s and now in the 21st century, they are one of widely used AAS.
The anabolic effects of this steroid are impressive, and for that reason, they are used widely in bodybuilding to enhance muscle development.
However, the Nandrolone has been deemed illegal and was tagged as a doping agent since 1974, and many athletic federations, including the Olympic committee, banned this drug in performance enhancement.
The medical application, however, is very successful, and Deca Durabolin is used for treating a variety of medical conditions.
Some of the physiological effects of Deca Durabolin includes:
- Quality muscle gain.
- Improved stamina and athletic abilities.
- Faster recovery between and post workout.
- Instant joint pain relief.
- Enhances the RBC production.
- Increases bone density.
- Increases appetite.
How does Deca Durabolin work?
Deca Durabolin (Nandrolone) is a powerful AAS used by bodybuilders for quality muscle development and improved stamina.
It has been studied that Nandrolone has a higher percentage of anabolic activity compared to androgenic action.
Due to this anabolic superiority, rapid muscle growth happens, thanks to the enhanced protein synthesis and micro tear repair.
Also, improved RBC production by stimulating the bone marrow will result in more oxygenation; thereby enhanced cell growth.
Nandrolone can retain and regulate the positive nitrogen balance in the body, which plays a crucial role in muscle development since the building blocks of muscle tissue (protein) is made from amino acids whose principal constituent is nitrogen.
The androgenic ability mainly focuses on testosterone boosting, which helps in fat burning and muscle ripping.
This steroid can help you improve the recovery time by reducing the cortisol buildup in the muscle, which is an anti-inflammatory agent that can slow down recovery time.
What results can you expect after using Deca Durabolin?
Deca Durabolin is a slow release steroid which takes 24 – 48 hours to completely integrate into the circulatory system.
However, once into the system, they act fast, and with a half-life of over 7 -12 days, they are pretty decent in enhancing endurance and stamina.
The immediate effect is visible in the stamina and energy outburst experienced by the user than the muscle change.
Within the first week of use, you can feel increased stamina coming into play when you lift heavy weights. Also, you could quickly finish the reps without exhausting too much.
The slower release of Deca Durabolin makes it a perfect candidate for more extended cycling, especially if you are looking for sustainable muscle development (quality) than rapidity.
One shot per week and you are good to go for 12 weeks in a cycle with 12 weeks off or as per your doctor’s recommendation.
For best results, it is recommended not to exceed 4mg/kg of body weight, and this will help you to balance the anabolic effect: side effect in safest limits possible.
Are there any Deca Durabolin side effects?
Steroids have always been notoriously famous for their side effects ever since they found their way into bodybuilding.
Mostly, the side effects are similar for all kinds of steroids, but some of these conditions might sometimes be severe depending on the type of steroid, its half-life, it’s androgenic: anabolic effect, functional group, ester type, etc.
Some of the most common side effects associated with Deca Durabolin are:
Frequent urge for urination caused by bladder contraction.
- Tenderness of breast.
- Painful erection in males caused by increased blood flow.
- Masculinization in female users.
- Oily skin with acne.
Other side effects which are less frequent but reported are:
- Enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Non- stop bleeding.
- Stomach upsets.
- Malfunctioning of the liver.
- Water retention in tissues.
- Muscles cramps, especially on limbs.
Some of the rare and severe side effects are:
- Prostate cancer.
- Heart muscle failure.
- Heart attack.
- Hepatic necrosis leading to liver failure.
Is Deca Durabolin legal?
The legality of Deca Durabolin is limited to treat certain conditions in humans like anemia, osteoporosis-related pain, burn wounds, some cancers, etc. It can only be procured and used under the supervision of a clinician.
Previously (in 1950 – 1974) this steroid was used for bodybuilding application; however, soon withdrawn due to side effects and unregulated muscle gains.
Deca Durabolin is classified under the ‘schedule III’ drug due to its potential for abuse, and the user might develop an addiction because of which it is under ‘controlled substance’ category in many countries.
The anabolic and androgenic property of Deca Durabolin has made it a suitable choice for bodybuilders, and it is one of the most abused sports performance drugs.
World anti-doping agency (WADA) has banned this steroid from being used in performance enhancement due to its unparalleled potential and biased advantages.
Best legal alternative to Deca Durabolin
The features and benefits offered by Deca Durabolin are undoubtedly tempting, and that’s the reason why many of the novice bodybuilders find relief in this product.
The illegal status of this product made it notorious, and a long list of side effects kept it at bay from being the elixir for athletes.
Crazy Bulk saw an opportunity in this and formulated an organic recipe that could completely replace the synthetic Deca Durabolin.
Crazy Bulk’s DecaDuro, rhyming to that of Deca Durabolin is an herbal formulation made from some of the most popular and superior plant-based ingredients.
This herbal recipe can mimic the exact metabolic actions as that of a synthetic Deca Durabolin without triggering any of the side effects.
Thousands of people had already used this product, and no reports regarding any adverse health condition are registered so far.
Since this product is classified as a nutraceutical supplement, you don’t need a prescription or doctor’s consultation to buy and use it.
Most of the natural supplements like DecaDuro are carefully designed plant products with varying ratios of herbal extracts that can elicit a positive metabolic action.
Rather than directly replacing the hormones or neurotransmitters, DecaDuro stimulates the production of natural metabolites, thus drastically reducing the possible risk of side effects.
DecaDuro can guarantee best quality muscle development and enhanced stamina with faster recovery, just like its big brother does.
This product can help in faster collagen synthesis; thus, tendon and ligament repair can happen efficiently, reducing the effects of joint pain after a workout.
DecaDuro can be used for bulking and cutting cycle. However, the anabolic abilities of this product are much superior to androgenic activity.
Therefore, the bulking action is much efficient with this supplement.
Deca Durabolin might be a fantastic performance booster, but then not a perfect bodybuilding supplement.
That imperfection is reflected as a long list of side effects and legal complications in procurement.
Crazy Bulk’s DecaDuro makes the star entry here with zero side effects and a whole lot of benefits.
Some eye-popping benefits are:
- The herbal nature of ingredients makes this product harmless; therefore, no side effects.
- You don’t need the medical supervision or prescription to procure and use this product.
- Helps in building strong and rigid muscle with sculpted shape.
- Can be used in both bulking and cutting phase.
- DecaDuro can be stacked with other Crazy Bulk supplements just like how one would use synthetic steroids.
- Wild yam, ginseng, etc. helps in improved collagen synthesis, which reduces joint pain.
- Faster recovery in the post-workout session.
- Improved muscle cell oxygenation due to increased RBC production.
Where to buy DecaDuro and how much does it cost?
DecaDuro should be bought at official website: crazybulk.com.
What’s the price?
Buy 1 x DecaDuro: $61.99 (save $23.01 from the original price of $85.00)
Buy 2x DecaDuro + Get 1 free: $123.98 (save $131.02 from the original price of $255.00)
- Bonus Offers: 8 Training & Nutrition Guides + Free Subscription To Tips & Tricks Newsletter.
- Norton guaranteed shopping and 256 bit SSL protection
- Free worldwide shipping.
- Faster delivery within 24 – 48 hours through trusted partners.
- Accepts all major debit/credit cards.
- You can return within 14 days of purchase to avail full cash back.
- 60 days money back guarantee for unsatisfied users.
Deca Durabolin review: conclusions
Without a doubt, DecaDuro is the most popular herbal alternative for the steroid Nandrolone (Deca Durabolin) in the current market.
This steroid alternative is a plant-based product containing traditionally used Wild yam, Ginseng, Tribulus Terrestris, etc.
If quality muscle gain with ultimate stamina is your aim, then DecaDuro can be a good choice.
Each of the herbal ingredients inflicts their action resulting in positive nitrogen retention, enhanced stamina, increase RBC production, and faster connective tissue development.
The price tag is also decent and gets additional benefits when you purchase the bulk package.
So in a nutshell, DecaDuro is a fantastic alternative for Deca Durabolin, if you are looking sustainable muscle gain with superior performance boosting capabilities.
- Yesalis, Charles E., et al. “Anabolic-androgenic steroid use in the United States.” Jama 270.10 (1993): 1217-1221. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/408303
- Johansen, Kirsten L., et al. “Effects of resistance exercise training and nandrolone decanoate on body composition and muscle function among patients who receive hemodialysis: a randomized, controlled trial.” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology 17.8 (2006): 2307-2314. https://jasn.asnjournals.org/content/17/8/2307.short
- Tan, Bie, et al. “Dietary L-arginine supplementation increases muscle gain and reduces body fat mass in growing-finishing pigs.” Amino acids 37.1 (2009): 169-175. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00726-008-0148-0
- Pérez-Guisado, Joaquín, and Philip M. Jakeman. “Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness.” The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research 24.5 (2010): 1215-1222. https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/FullText/2010/05000/Citrulline_Malate_Enhances_Athletic_Anaerobic.9.aspx
- Bhandari, Megh Raj, Takanori Kasai, and Jun Kawabata. “Nutritional evaluation of wild yam (Dioscorea spp.) tubers of Nepal.” Food chemistry 82.4 (2003): 619-623. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814603000190
- Jang, Dai‐Ja, et al. “Red ginseng for treating erectile dysfunction: a systematic review.” British journal of clinical pharmacology 66.4 (2008): 444-450. https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2125.2008.03236.x
- Antonio, Jose, et al. “The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males.” International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism 10.2 (2000): 208-215. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Conrad_Earnest/publication/12458040_The_Effects_of_Tribulus_Terrestris_on_Body_Composition_and_Exercise_Performance_in_Resistance-Trained_Males/links/55d5d10908ae9d659488e743.pdf