- There is scientific evidence that chewing tobacco can increase testosterone levels.
- The nicotine in tobacco can stimulate the biosynthesis of testosterone in the testicles and also has an affinity for sex hormone-binding globulin, which reduces the concentration of free testosterone in the blood.
- However, chewing tobacco is harmful to overall health and can lead to cancer, while natural testosterone boosters can be used as an alternative to increase androgens without the negative health effects.
For quite a long time, it has been believed that chewing tobacco is a silent killer!
Although chewing tobacco isn’t generally considered illicit drug use, you should realize that nicotine in tobacco is habit-forming and poses dangerous results on your well-being.
Keeping that aside, it is pretty alarming and surprising to learn that chewing tobacco doesn’t influence serum testosterone levels!
This is, in fact, scientifically studied, and there are a few studies that even suggest that tobacco can raise the testosterone level.
Without wasting much of your time, let’s try to dig deeper into the science of this claim.
How can tobacco increase your testosterone?
In one of the recent studies conducted to analyze testosterone levels in the two categories of people chewing and not chewing tobacco, both the groups had almost similar levels of testosterone variation.
Not just this one study, many studies suggest this correlation. In a 2013 study, it was shown that tobacco use can increase the t-hormone levels.
The possible explanation is the affinity of nicotine to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), which otherwise would bind the free testosterone in the blood, thereby reducing its concentration.
The nicotine has a stimulatory effect, which can temporarily boost the biosynthesis of t-hormone in the testicles.
But tobacco is not your testosterone savior!
Tobacco might look like an angel to some of you. But its effect on other metabolic reactions and certain organs of the body is harmful.
The use of tobacco might not hurt testosterone levels, but it has a negative effect on your erection caused by vascular damage due to a condition known as atherosclerosis.
Natural testosterone boosters can be consumed as a supplement to naturally increase testosterone. It doesn’t matter if you’re using tobacco or not!
These dietary supplements are genuine products that exploit the goodness of natural herbs to benefit men.
They are made from a combination of natural ingredients with different properties contributing towards t-hike.
Here are some of the best recommendations from the internet:
- Testogen: An overall testosterone promoter for all age categories that exclusively focuses on boosting the biosynthesis by nutrient supplementation.
- Testofuel: As the name hints, testosterone fuel is a 100% dietary fuel that is needed for your testosterone machinery to produce healthy amounts of androgens.
- Testolan: This here is a performance product that can be used by sports personnel and the general public for t-hike.
Testosterone may increase if you chew tobacco. There are some important scientific data to support this theory.
But tobacco undoubtedly affects the health of the user and can lead to cancer in the long run.
So, if you have a choice to avoid tobacco, well and good. Dietary testosterone boosters are available if you want to naturally increase the androgen level.
A natural testosterone booster is another effective reply for low T issues, thereby protecting men from multiple problems and diseases.