- Smegma is a buildup of oil and dead skin cells that can collect under the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis, but it can also occur in females.
- Proper genital hygiene is essential to prevent the accumulation of smegma, which can cause discomfort, inflammation, and an unpleasant odor.
- Natural performance booster pills can boost sexual health and wellbeing, which can help you maintain a healthy penis and promote regular cleaning of the genital area.
Penis hygiene is what all of you practice while bathing and before you get intimate with your partner.
Sometimes, white cheesy-like debris collects under your penis and reeks of a bad odor. This debris is smegma that needs to be cleaned regularly.
But, cleaning your genitals too harshly can lead to abrasions, which is an easy way for infections to harbor.
Like any other body part, your genitals also need special care, sometimes more!
This article will brief you on why smegma accumulates in the first place and the right ways to get rid of it.
What is smegma?
Dead skin cells and oil combine to form smegma. In uncircumcised males, it can collect under the foreskin, while in females, it can collect around the labia folds.
Circumcised males do not find smegma accumulating as their foreskins have been removed.
Your body releases the fluids in smegma naturally each day. They assist in lubricating your genitalia and prevent dryness or itchiness of the skin. These liquids can begin to accumulate if they aren’t routinely removed by washing.
The fluids can build up and harden when they mix with dead skin cells if you wash your genitalia seldom or inadequately. Regular washing of your penis is essential to prevent this buildup.
Smegma does not indicate a sexually transmitted disease or any other underlying condition.
In normal terms, it is dirt that should be cleaned regularly. If left unattended, smegma can harden and irritate the genitals and produce an odor.
Smegma accumulation and hardening on the penis can result in discomfort, redness, edema, and inflammation. Balanitis is a condition that can result from this.
By maintaining proper personal hygiene, smegma can be avoided. Maintain daily genital hygiene and abstain from using harsh cleansers or soaps there.
How to clean smegma?
The simplest method to get rid of smegma is to change personal hygiene habits. Men must properly clean their genitalia, especially the area around and beneath their foreskin.
To assist the foreskin in retracting, your body creates lubrication. This lubricant, in addition to other natural oils, dead skin cells, dirt, and bacteria, can accumulate under your foreskin. Because of this, circumcised males are less likely to have this problem.
The simplest technique to get rid of smegma is to clean your penis properly.
- Pull back your foreskin gently. It’s possible that you won’t be able to fully peel back the smegma if it has hardened. Avoid pushing because doing so could hurt and tear the skin, resulting in an infection.
- Wash the region typically covered by your foreskin with warm water and a light soap. Avoid rough rubbing because it can hurt the skin’s delicate surface. Before cleansing the area, if the smegma has solidified, lightly touch it with oil to assist the release of the buildup.
- Rinse the soap off completely, then gently pat the area dry.
- Reposition your foreskin so that it covers your penis.
- Do this every day until the smegma goes away.
- Avoid using cotton swabs or other sharp objects to scrape the smegma. That might irritate them more.
Consult your doctor if the smegma isn’t getting better after a week of adequate cleansing or if it’s worsening.
Sexual wellbeing and health
While you need not get all stressed with this cheesy buildup in your genitalia, you can take some action to boost your sexual health and wellbeing naturally.
If smegma buildup has given you a swollen and sore penis, you can treat it naturally and ensure that your member is in good shape by taking some nutraceuticals for sexual health.
Natural performance booster pills are 100% organic and scientifically tested. These do not cause any side effects and can be purchased without any prescriptions.
These are natural performance booster pills made from natural herbs and potent organic ingredients that can cure all types of sexual ill-health.
These products keep you sexually active, meaning you frequently engage in physical intimacy. This will force you to naturally clean your penis due to frequent erections and post-intimacy cleaning.
To wrap up, smegma is a natural buildup of oil and dead skin cells that collect under the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis.
While smegma accumulates regularly, it should be cleaned with mild cleansers to prevent hardening or odor. If left untreated, smegma can harden and cause pain and discomfort while retracting the foreskin.
A lot of smegma buildup is a sign of poor genital hygiene. You must clean your penis regularly to remove any smegma buildup.
While smegma has nothing to do with your sexual health, keeping it under check can help you track all cosmetic problems like this.
Try to include a natural sexual booster in your diet, and you should be sexually active enough so that smegma cleaning will happen frequently.