- Energy drinks, which contain caffeine and other ingredients to enhance mental alertness and reduce fatigue, have not been proven to improve sexual performance. In fact, high consumption of energy drinks may lead to erectile dysfunction, irregular heart rhythms, and weight gain.
- Overconsumption of energy drinks can negatively impact overall health and penile erections, but moderate use is generally not harmful.
- Natural performance enhancer pills made from 100% natural ingredients, such as Male Extra, Max Performer, VigRX Plus, and Viasil, can be a safer alternative to energy drinks for boosting performance without harmful side effects.
Energy drinks give you an instant energy boost to perform well on the ground or in the gym, but do these take your performance down south while in bed?
Well, of all the rumors regarding food products and health, this one tops the charts.
Some say that energy drinks can diminish libido and lead to erectile dysfunction (ED), while some say that they act as a vasodilator and boost sexual performance. So what is the truth?
Let us debunk the myth around this and get our facts straight.
What are energy drinks?
Energy drinks are beverages containing B vitamins, amino acids, creatine, L-carnitine, taurine, and caffeine. The caffeine content in most drinks is at least 80 to 150 mg per 8 ounces.
Some drinks also contain sugar or artificial sweeteners and herbs like Ginseng, Yerba Mate, Ginkgo biloba, etc.
All these ingredients are known to enhance mental alertness and reduce fatigue.
Many men consume these sports or energy drinks several times weekly to enhance their workouts or sports performances.
Around 49% of men in the U.S drink energy drinks 4 to 5 times a week, and energy drinks are the go-to choice for many gym goers and athletes.
Can energy drinks cause erectile dysfunction?
It is natural to think that energy drinks may improve sexual performance as they ramp up your energy and might give you more endurance in the bedroom.
But unfortunately, there is no evidence to prove that these drinks can improve sexual performance. On the contrary, it has been demonstrated that a high-level consumption of these drinks may lead to erectile dysfunction.
Energy drinks disturb the functioning of the heart and cause weight gain. Both these factors lead to ED.
Drinking too many of these drinks leads to irregular heart rhythm. They also contain a high amount of sugar, putting you at the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, again a cause for ED.
Caffeine in these drinks combines the sugar content to boost blood sugar levels. Large amounts of blood sugar negatively impact good bacteria, leading to slow metabolism and weight gain.
All these factors sum up the negative effects of energy drinks on your overall health and penile erections.
An alternative for energy drinks?
The potential health hazards of overconsumption of energy drinks are very well demonstrated in the studies. In fact, regular and overusers of energy drink users were found to experience mild-moderate ED over time.
So, what is the other option if you cannot consume energy drinks?
Well, the other option is natural performance enhancer pills. Here is why these pills are much better than energy drinks to boost your performance:
- Horny goat weed, red ginseng, ginkgo, and other natural ingredients make erection tablets. These traditional herbs boost sex desire while also protecting your organs and maintaining good health. The herbal ingredients used in these pills naturally treat ED and boost your sex drive.
- Natural erection pills also enable you to beat fatigue and improve your sustainability.
- These do not need any prescription from the doctor to buy.
- Natural erection pills are made from 100% natural ingredients and do not pose any side effects.
There are never-ending reasons why you must choose natural performance pills over energy drinks. Some of the best supplements in the current market include Male Extra, Max Performer, VigRX Plus, and Viasil.
If you again want to punch in by boosting your endurance and stamina, consider including a testosterone booster like Testolan or Tetsogen alongside performance pills, which will help your t-hormones stay under check.
To conclude, energy drinks may lead to erectile dysfunction, poor libido, weight gain, heart conditions, and many other health problems. However, moderate use of these products is not harmful though.
All the side effects mentioned above occur only in people who overconsume them than the prescribed daily limit.
If you want to boost your performance naturally without hampering your sex life or without any harmful side effects, it is better to go for natural performance enhancer pills combined with a testosterone supplement which are a direct shot to a healthy life.