- Vitamin C plays a role in improving blood flow and reducing oxidative stress, both of which are important factors in maintaining sexual health and preventing erectile dysfunction.
- A lack of vitamin C can contribute to oxidative stress and impaired blood flow to the penis, which can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- By consuming a diet rich in vitamin C or taking a vitamin C supplement, you can help improve blood flow and reduce oxidative stress, which can help prevent erectile dysfunction.
- While vitamin C is just one factor in maintaining sexual health and preventing erectile dysfunction, incorporating this essential vitamin into your daily routine can help improve your overall sexual health and wellbeing.
Common new-age health concern is erectile dysfunction (ED), with almost 30 million men being affected in the United States alone in 2022. Contrary to popular belief, ED is not age-related and can occur for many reasons.
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to get/maintain an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. One out of every ten men suffers from ED at some point in their lives. In most cases, it is a symptom of another underlying cause.
It can lead to low sexual desire, feelings of depression, dissatisfaction in relationships, and infertility. Men suffering from this disorder often ignore sexual intimacy with their partners, leading to breakups.
Men can suffer from it because of excessive alcohol abuse, drug overdose, excessive smoking, stress in work or relationships, or being extremely tired.
There are many ways to treat ED, and one of the best and cheapest ways is to take vitamin C. Read on further to know more about the relationship between the two.
How vitamin C helps you combat erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction can be successfully treated with vitamin C and bioflavonoids.
Together, this help increases the blood flow to the male genitalia and improve the ability to sustain an erection. The different ways vitamin C helps combat ED are explained below:
- Vitamin C also boosts the production of nitric oxide (NO) and prevents the breakdown of NO, helping penile nerves to dilate easily. The release of NO in the blood relaxes the blood vessel walls, urging them to open up and speed up blood flow. A good erection is directly dependent on good amounts of nitric oxide working on smooth pelvic muscle relaxation.
- Also known as ascorbic acid, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that boosts the health of blood vessels. Regular consumption of this vitamin ensures a healthy blood supply to the pelvic organs.
- Bioflavonoids are compounds usually found together with vitamin C. These active plant pigments enhance the absorption of vitamin C and improve blood circulation in the body. These, together with vitamin C treat erectile dysfunction naturally.
- Vitamin C moderates cortisol levels, thereby boosting penile functions and testosterone levels. Cortisol is a hormone released in the body when it is stressed. Vitamin C stabilizes cortisol outputs, lowers stress hormones, and boosts sexual mood. High levels of cortisol can lead to low libido and ED.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and boosts the generation of other antioxidants like vitamin E. These fight against oxidative damage, enhancing sexual health and penile erections.
How to get vitamin C on your diet?
Nature has us wonderfully covered when it comes to procuring certain vitamins from plant-based sources. Here are some common foods, vegetables, and fruits rich in vitamin C. These should be included in your diet regularly.
It is common knowledge that oranges are an easy source of vitamin C. These can cover up to 70% of the DRV for vitamin C in an adult’s diet. A 225mg glass of orange juice contains around 125mg of vitamin C.
Cantaloupes are rich sources of vitamin C, providing about 202.6mg in one medium-sized fruit and up to 25.3mg in just one slice.
Grapefruit is an excellent antioxidant source and is very high in vitamin C, with one fruit providing about 56mg.
This vegetable is as rich in vitamin C as oranges. It is also loaded with iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, zinc, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, and niacin.
This vegetable is rich in vitamin C. A half-cup of shredded red cabbage provides almost half of the daily requirement of this vitamin in your diet.
All varieties of bell peppers are high in nutrients, including vitamin A, C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber. Red bell peppers contain almost 1.5 times more vitamin C than green bell peppers.
This tropical fruit contains 125mg of vitamin C in a single fruit, equating to 138% of the DV. It is also rich in the antioxidant lycopene.
Struggling to eat all food?
Well, if eating natural foods mentioned above to boost your vitamin C intake sounds boring, you can consider eating natural supplements. These supplements generally contain the benefits of 8 to 10 fruits per capsule.
These capsules or natural supplement pills contain dried extracts from fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C. The water content is dried, and the remaining healthy nutrients are processed and captured in pill forms to facilitate easy intake.
These pills are recommended for fussy eaters or for those who do not have the time to eat regular healthy diets. Unani, Siddha, traditional Chinese medicines, and Ayurveda have relied on herbal preparations to treat various health disorders.
Our natural supplements are manufactured with 100% pure and natural ingredients and have proven benefits for the body. Natural herbal supplements are cost-effective and readily available. These have no side effects.
These are our natural erection booster pills made from clinically proven ingredients that can treat and boost erectile function, and nonetheless, to mention, all of these products are rich in vitamin C or its derivatives.
Can lack of vitamin C cause erectile dysfunction?
Yes, a lack of vitamin C can contribute to ED. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps improve blood flow, and low levels of vitamin C can lead to oxidative stress and impaired blood flow to the penis.
What is the recommended dosage of vitamin c for erectile dysfunction?
The recommended daily dose of vitamin C for most adults is 75 milligrams (mg) for women and 90 mg for men. However, some studies have used higher doses of vitamin C, up to 2,000 mg per day, for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. It’s best to talk to your doctor to determine the right dose for you, as everyone’s needs are different.
What vitamins are good for erectile dysfunction?
In addition to vitamin C, vitamins that are good for ED include vitamin D, vitamin B12, and vitamin E. These vitamins can help with blood flow, testosterone production, and overall sexual health.
What is the connection between vitamin C and testosterone?
Vitamin C has been shown to have a positive effect on testosterone levels, as it helps improve blood flow and reduce oxidative stress, which can impact testosterone production.
To conclude, vitamin C plays a major role in treating erectile dysfunction in men. Regular intake of vitamin C naturally through diet since childhood can prevent the risk of getting erectile problems.
But, if you are suffering from ED, you can take vitamin C-rich food to treat your symptoms naturally.
The healing through food can be quite slow. If you want to boost the healing process, you can consider consuming a natural erection booster pill, and don’t forget to choose the best.
These are rich in vitamin C and many other potent herbs that have proven effects on male genitalia and sexual health.