- Sperm health is important for sexual wellness and can indicate underlying problems, but it can be improved by making dietary changes.
- Certain nutrients, such as folates, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, D-aspartic acid, L-arginine, and Zinc, can increase sperm production and improve sperm health.
- Natural food supplements, such as Semaxin, Volume Pills, Semenax, and Maxatin, can be used to enhance sperm quality and increase ejaculation load. However, a healthy lifestyle, including exercise, proper diet, meditation, and rest, is also crucial for sexual health.
Sperm health is one of the crucial parameters in sexual wellness because it can indirectly tell you how successful your sex life is going to be.
Sperm health per se is not a comprehensive indicator of your sexual health, but it can definitely tell you a lot about underlying problems.
But how amazed would you be to learn that you could fix it just by changing our dietary habits to include some foods?
Your food habits are the first thing on the list to blame for your poor health, especially sexual health.
When certain nutrients go deficient, your body will send some warning signs before it could permanently get damaged.
Impaired sperm and depleting semen are some of those early warning signs that you should watch for.
In this article, we will learn some foods that can increase sperm count. So, without further ado, let us dive into the depths.
Foods that can increase sperm count
Below are some of the nutrients that you need for increased sperm production.
This is a B vitamin complex that has been classically identified to boost sperm production.
Studies have shown that the people deficient in folate had damaged sperm DNA, which significantly reduced male fertility.
It can also affect the sperm motility, it’s counts in semen, and sperm density.
Foods rich in folate are:
- Leafy green veggies like broccoli, lettuce, sprouts, and asparagus.
- Citrus fruits like grapes, pineapple, and lemon.
- Nuts & beans.
- Whole grains.
2. Vitamin C
The antioxidant property of Vitamin C is very crucial for protecting sperm DNA from oxidative stress.
According to studies, having a vitamin C rich diet was found to improve sperm motility, which helps the journey of sperms inside the female system.
Some of the fruits rich in vitamin C are:
- All citrus fruits like pineapple, lemon, orange, etc.
- Sweet peppers.
- Exotic fruits like kiwi, strawberry, and cantaloupe.
- Veggies like cabbages, potatoes, tomatoes, cauliflower, etc.
- Fortified morning cereals, dairy products, and some of the processed foods.
3. Vitamin E
Yet another vital nutrient with excellent antioxidant property for healthy sperm production.
Not just that, vitamin E can help you boost your sex drive and increase testosterone production for a multitude of sexual benefits.
Vitamin E is found in:
- Vegetable oils: sunflower oil, olive oil, corn oil, safflower oil, and soybean oil.
- Cashews, almonds, walnuts, groundnuts, pistachios, etc.
- Green leafy vegetables.
- Margarine, fruit juices (processed), and fortified breakfast meals.
4. D-aspartic acid
This is an amino acid that has vital roles in the formation of testosterone and other androgenic hormones.
With increased t-hormone, sperm production happens faster, and accessory glands would also keep with the pace.
This compound is found in testosterone boosters and semen pills to supplement the working of male organs.
Foods rich in D-aspartic acid are:
- Poultry meat and red meat.
- Dairy products including low-fat milk, yogurt, and cheese.
- Oats, rice, and wheat.
- Dried fruits.
Another amino acid of vital significance to sexual health. This compound is a precursor to nitric oxide, which enhances sperm function.
Nitric oxide also helps the blood vessels to relax, and this results in vasodilation.
Increased blood flow into the male organs boosts the functionality, creates a stronger erection, and also contributes to sperm health.
Foods that are rich in L-arginine include:
- Poultry like chicken & turkey and meat (pork).
- Cashews, walnut, and almonds.
- Lentils, kidney beans, and other legumes in general.
- Cheese, yogurt, curd, and milk.
Studies have shown that infertile men were most likely to be deficient in Zinc, and supplementing this mineral was found to be effective in a vast majority.
There are many roles for Zinc in male fertility. Firstly, the antioxidant property helps in protecting sperm DNA from oxidative stress.
Secondly, this compound is an excellent hormone balancer with antibacterial property.
Some of the foods with high Zinc content includes:
- Poultry and red meat.
- Seafood, including shellfish (crabs and lobster), sardines, salmon, etc.
- All kinds of nuts, beans, and legumes.
7. Natural food supplements
These are herbal products made by combining plant extracts and other herbal products to fortify men.
These dietary supplements are the easiest and effective way to add necessary vital nutrients to your system.
There are identified semen pills that can help you boost the sperm quality and other sexual aspects (in men).
Below are the best semen enhancement pills cherry-picked from the internet market.
One of a kind semen enhancement pills which can boost the ejaculation load and promotes faster spermatogenesis for healthier sperms.
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, astragalus extract, vitamin complex, tribulus, saffron extract, ashwagandha, and you name it.
This supplement has covered everything you need.
2. Volume Pills
Explicitly designed for increasing the semen volume (by up to 500%) and for preserving the sperm morphology.
This product is an excellent sperm health tonic that supplements a dozen vital nutrients with their ingredients like Solidilin, Ku Gua, San Guo mu, etc.
From the house of Leading Edge Health, this sperm booster is an all in one magic that can increase ejaculation volume while boosting libido and heightening orgasm.
The formulation contains Swedish pollen flower, l-arginine, l-lysine, Epimedium leaf, Zinc, L-carnitine, vitamin E, maca extracts, and lot more.
Another semen quality enhancer, this product can increase the sperm count, motility, and improves morphology.
It contains herbal products like muira puama, l-carnitine, l-arginine, l-lysine, zinc, and a lot more.
Now you have all the information that you need to enhance the quality of sperm and improve the ejaculation load.
Diet is the ultimate factor that you can control to fine-tune your physiology as well as psychology.
If vital nutrients fail to get into your system in an adequate amount, that is when the food supplements (like the one mentioned on our list) could be used.
Always maintain a healthy lifestyle inclusive of exercise, proper diet (containing meat, seafood, veggies, and fruits), meditation, and adequate rest (sleep).
Read more: Does Semen Pills Work?