- Yeast infections in men, such as balanitis, can be caused by factors like sexual contact with an infected person, poor genital hygiene, diabetes, certain antibiotics, and a weakened immune system. Symptoms include inflammation, redness, itching, discomfort during sex, and burning during urination.
- While genital candidiasis does not directly cause erectile dysfunction (ED), inflammation from the infection can make it difficult to get an erection, which may lead to ED.
- Treating the yeast infection often resolves the ED issue, but if problems persist, natural performance booster pills made from organic ingredients can be a safer alternative to chemical drugs for treating ED.
Yeast infections are relatively less common in men as compared to women. But, these infections can affect men and women of any age or gender.
Balanitis is the most common type of yeast infection in men in which the glans of the penis are inflamed.
A normal yeast infection usually starts with genital candidiasis, leading to balanitis or other penile problems. Yeast may also infect the foreskin of men with an uncircumcised penis.
If you have a yeast infection in your penis and are worried that it could lead to erectile dysfunction (ED), or if you have ED and are concerned that your yeast infection could be the main cause, here is a detailed article to solve your dilemma.
Causes & symptoms of yeast infection in men
The common causes of a yeast infection in men include:
- Sex with an infected person
- not keeping genitals clean
- side effects of certain antibiotics
- weakened immune system
- harsh soaps
- tight-fitting clothes or underwear
- hot and humid climatic conditions
- being overweight
The most obvious signs and symptoms of a yeast infection in men is an inflamed head of the penis with redness or itching.
You may have discomfort during sex and a burning sensation during urination.
Other symptoms include cracking or bleeding on the foreskin and swelling of the glans.
Can yeast infection lead to erectile dysfunction?
Genital candidiasis is a fungal infection in the genitals caused by yeast. Candidiasis yeast is always present on the skin, but this fungus grows when favorable conditions lead to candidiasis.
While candidiasis does not directly lead to ED, the inflammation can lead to difficulty in getting an erection, ultimately leading to erectile dysfunction.
The good news is that candidiasis is curable, and ED can be treated too. Often when a yeast infection is treated and cured, a person gains back the ability to get erections.
Your doctor may prescribe certain chemical drugs to curb the proliferation and expansion of yeast.
They might also suggest vasodilators to gain an erection meanwhile. But, remember, these do not come without potential health hazards.
How to treat ED naturally?
ED should be treated immediately; else, it might lead to severe complications. While chemical drugs are the most common treatment options, they often lead to harmful side effects.
The safest way to treat erectile problems is naturally using natural herb-based pills.
These natural performance booster pills are made with 100% organic ingredients and herbs that don’t inflict any side effects upon regular uses.
The best ones to treat ED are Male Extra, Max Performer, VigRX Plus, or Viasil. These are a few popular products, but there are many erection booster pills out there for you.
To conclude, in rare cases, untreated yeast infection of the penis may cause ED. However, it is treatable and curable the majority of the time.
As soon as the yeast infection is cleared, your penile erections may get back to normal. But you may be left with some permanent problems like low libido or discomfort during erection.
If you face low libido or other issues, you can boost your sexual function by including natural erection booster supplements to aid your testosterone hormone working.